SteamDrunk is a capture the flag game featuring cartoon-styled, steampunk pirates and first person shooter controls. Players divide into two teams and take turns defending and assaulting an airship. To win, a team must capture and escape with the contested booze in a shorter amount of time than the competing team.
Players use unique steam-powered pirate gear including a steam-powered blunderbuss and jet pack to battle enemy players on the ground and in the air as they capture assault points on the airship. It is vital that players work together to destroy key components and escape with the booze in time.
- Work with other designers to construct a Capture The Flag (CTF) map that is fun to attack or defend
- Script assault points and elevators using Kismet
- Track personal work on Scrum boards
- Iterate on lines of sight on both levels of the map to account for walking and air-borne players
- Step up as acting lead level designer from Beta to RTM milestones following illness of original lead
- Test all features over network to ensure the best experience for all players
What Went Right
What Went Wrong
What We Learned